Dementia & Visually Impaired
Leading the way in care home interiors with a dedicated dementia range of products and services
A condition that is close to many hearts; we work with countless care homes up and down the UK to create interiors catered to improving the lives of dementia sufferers.
Our design caters for elderly patients featuring calm and familiar designs combined with visual stimulants and tailored functionality for ease of care.
Specialists in Care Home and Dementia Design
Dementia is a remarkably common condition that could affect as many as 1 in 3 people aged 65 or over. As a result, it’s become increasingly important to consider dementia design in care homes and hospitals.
Acting upon the advice of researchers from Stirling University, we’ve created a dedicated dementia range of products to help you cater for sufferers in non-dementia specific buildings. The specialist range includes curved furniture to assist in reducing injuries, colour coded doors and colour schemes which help to put residents at ease.
Working with the Visually Impaired
Residents with a visual impairments often find their way around unfamiliar areas using colour and texture. Making sure the walls, ceilings, doors and floors are easy to differentiate is just one of the ways in which our design team can help you make your environment more accessible. We can also assist with lighting to increase colour contrasts, reduce shadows and emphasise interior features.
How We Will Work With You
Using extensive knowledge of care home interior design, Vision will work with you to choose unique textures and colour schemes perfect for your residents. Taking into account the health of your residents, we will find ways to ensure that all needs are catered for; creating beautiful, homely atmospheres that ensure your guests are calm from the moment they enter.
The Vision Approach:
- Quality assured products, guaranteed
- A free consultation with Vision’s dedicated team of designers
- A creative approach incorporating functionality and practicality
- Two centuries of experience in textiles and specialist fabrics
- Innovative healthcare design advice and planning
- A fit-for-purpose range of flame retardant products for use in any hard wearing environment
- A recycling service to safely dispose of your old furniture
- Expertise in sourcing and developing soft furnishings and those little ‘finishing touches’
- Realistic costs and timescales – we adhere to your budget parameters and time constraints
- CAD/CAM design services; We offer 3D CAD design and walk-through video impressions
- Flawless delivery and installation service
Whether you want to take advantage of our superb range of specialist Whitakers textiles or if you require a professional and experienced design partner; start your journey with Vision today.
To find out more about the bespoke dementia services Vision can offer, alongside the Whitakers range of specialist textiles, please get in touch with a member of our team.