Flame Retardant Textiles for Demanding Public Sector Environments
The Whitakers range has been supplied to public sector bodies for over 150 years; from defence to custodial to fire and rescue. The illustrious history of the Whitakers brand has made the extensive range of flame retardant textiles amongst the most trusted products on the market today.
Committed to quality and innovation, the Whitakers specialism is creating textiles for use in the toughest environments including flame retardant fabrics, waterproof textiles and anti-microbial textiles.
Fire, Rescue & Emergency Services
Vision develops, supplies and distributes compliant products that are suitable for today’s society; on time and on budget. We hold long-standing working relationships with fire and rescue services all over the UK and each product we offer from our comprehensive Whitakers collection has been developed in association with these emergency forces to assist in protecting vulnerable people; reducing the risk and spread of fire within a residence.
Our products are regularly and independently tested by partners, including Intertek and SGS, to ensure they meet British Fire Standards and offer proven long-term safety. We work closely with the fire, rescue and emergency services to constantly develop new and highly efficient products and to ensure we stay up-to-date with technological advancements such as fireproof material.
Your Legal Responsibility
Our innovative and fit-for-purpose products assist you in your legal responsibilities for ensuring compliance with fire safety.
We can assist in meeting regulations for:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order 2005
- The Construction Design and Management Regulations 2007
- The Disability Discrimination Act 2005
- Private Places of Entertainment (Licensing) Act 1967
Defence & Custodial
Tracing our relationship with the Ministry of Defence back to the Crimean War, the Whitakers brand, which was then located in Helmshore, Lancashire supplied wool products to be used in military clothing and this relationship has continued ever since.
As the prime contractor for the supply and distribution of accommodation textiles and associated products to the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Justice, Vision offers a full range of exclusively developed textile products and also facilitate contracts for government, private prison services and immigration centres.
With countless years of experience in creating fit for purpose products for schools, colleges and universities, Vision’s product ranges have included hard and soft furnishings, chairs and tables, bed linen, blinds and much more.
Vision can source and supply all your interior product requirements whilst ensuring regulations and compliance are adhered to when planning and designing living spaces or classrooms. We’re experts in the field, having developed products that not only meet regulations but have been comprehensively tested to meet British and Fire Safety Standards.
With an extensive range of education and office furniture, we can take care of all your interior needs. Should you not find what you’re looking for; our highly skilled interior design division pride themselves on their bespoke furniture sourcing abilities. Whether it’s a refurbishment or replenishment – let Vision take care of it for you.
The Vision Approach
At Vision, we believe that a refurbishment or redesign isn’t simply about brightening up an existing space. We believe that each and every element should be carefully considered and these elements combined should work towards making sure your space benefits the lives of your residents.
Working alongside you as much as you need, we can take the full strain of a large scale renovation with our Vision interior design solutions or design project to simply taking care of the finer details such as custom-made Whitakers products, crafted exclusively for you and tested to the highest safety standards. Whatever your requirements; we are at your beck and call.
The Vision offering:
- Quality assured products, guaranteed
- A free consultation with Vision’s dedicated team of designers
- A creative approach incorporating functionality and practicality
- Two centuries of experience in textiles and specialist fabrics
- Innovative healthcare design advice and planning
- A fit-for-purpose range of flame retardant products for use in any hard wearing environment
- A recycling service to safely dispose of your old furniture
- Expertise in sourcing and developing soft furnishings and those little ‘finishing touches’
- Realistic costs and timescales – we adhere to your budget parameters and time constraints
- CAD/CAM design services; We offer 3D CAD design and walk-through video impressions
- Flawless delivery and installation service
Whether you want to take advantage of our superb range of specialist textiles or if you require a professional and experienced design partner; start your journey with Vision today.
Contact the Vision team and let us know how we can help you.